Updated: Dec 7, 2019
Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite cookies to make. When I was a little girl, I used to love baking these cookies with my Mom and still make them as often as I can. I have been told many times that my chocolate chips cookies are delicious, and have been asked, ‘what do you do to make these cookies taste so great, what is your secret?’. Well, I use superior ingredients that contain no preservatives, corn syrup or ‘bad’ ingredients, and I add more vanilla extract than most. My chocolate chip cookies are gooey, sweet, but not too sweet, and very comforting. When I eat these cookies I am transported back to childhood and the wonderful time I would have making these with my Mom, and sneaking bites of cookie dough and chocolate chips when she was not looking.
All the ingredients in my recipe are peanut free and are processed in peanut free facilities so there is no risk of cross contamination. Next to each ingredient in my recipe is the brand that I use. Happy Baking 😊
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approximately 24 cookies.
2 ¼ Cups Unbleached Organic All-Purpose Flour-King Arthur Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda- Bob’s Red Mill
½ Teaspoon Fine Crystals Sea Salt
1 Cup (2 Sticks) Organic Unsalted Butter- Straus Family Creamery
¾ Cup Organic Cane Sugar- Wholesome
¾ Cup Organic Brown Sugar- Wholesome
2 Eggs- I buy my eggs at my farmers mark so I can make sure that the chickens are fed allergen free feed, are free range etc.
2 Teaspoons Organic Vanilla Extract- Spicely
Directions for Dough:
1. In a stand mixer combine the eggs and vanilla extract (make sure the eggs are at room temperature).
2. Add the butter (make sure the butter is room temperature or it will not mix in thoroughly), mix until all combined, about 1 minute.
2.Add both sugars and mix until fluffy, and all combined, about 1 minute.
3. In a separate bowl mix all the remaining dry ingredients.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet, stopping the mixer to scrape down the edges of the bowl a couple times, mix until combined.
5. Add the bag of chocolate chips and mix only once, so that the chips do not break down. You can also mix the chocolate chips in by hand with a spatula.
Directions for Baking:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spoon, or ice cream scoop, the dough onto a greased/buttered cookie sheet making sure to leave some space between each cookie because these do spread out while they are baking.
3. Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
I hope you enjoy my recipe!
As with most baked goods these cookies will be tasty for around 3-4 days when stored in a air tight container.
On my lists of foods and products that are both peanut free, and processed in peanut free facilities you'll see all the brands I choose to support because they offer transparency with their facilities and ingredients. There are several brands of baking chocolate that I like to use and I honestly usually buy whichever is on sale at my local market. You can view my lists by clicking here, or on the No Peanut Foods site.
#Peanutfreekitchen #peanutfree #nopeanutfoods #chocolatechip #peanutfreecookie #peanutfreekitchen #peanutfreefacility #chocolate #cookie #chocolatechipcookie #enjoylifefoods #strausfamilydairy #spicely #wholesomesugar #bobsredmill #kingarthurflour #homecook #homebaker #homemadecookies